Your website browser is no longer supported.
Your device's Operating System is outdated. Please update for better rendering.Upgrade Now
Waste Recycling, Upcycling, and Sustainable Transportation
This year’s workshop will be held in Spokane, WA, July 15-17, 2018, hosted by the Washington State University, with the theme of “Waste Recycling, Upcycling, and Sustainable Transportation”. This annual event is focused on resource conservation and recovery issues affecting transportation and associated infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Recycling, reuse and repurposing of waste and byproducts;
- Upcycling and beneficial uses of waste and byproducts;
- Life-cycle sustainability of transportation infrastructures/systems (including considerations at design, construction, preservation, operations, rehabilitation, and recycling stages);
- Contamination risk management;
- Water quality (e.g., stormwater BMPs);
- Multimodal transportation and sustainability practices;
- Renewable energy and alternative use of right-of-way;
- Resiliency and climate change adaptation; and other sustainability and environmental management topics.
This workshop is now going into its 16th year and continues to gain momentum. Each year has a slightly different focus. And this year we are exploring it in the format of extended business meeting, i.e., no registration fee and no exhibition.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts Deadline: April 23, 2018
Ladies and Gentlemen, the abstract deadline for TRB's Resource Conservation and Recovery Summer Meeting in Spokane, Washington has been extended to April 23, 2018. Abstracts can be submitted at the link below.
For assistance, please contact Dr. Xianming Shi at Xianming.Shi@wsu.edu or Dr. Andy Alden at email@example.com.
To register for this year’s Summer Workshop, July 15-17, please follow the link below.
Cost: No Registration Fee or Exhibit Fee
Registration Deadline: TBD
Summer Workshop Agenda
Download this year’s Summer Workshop Agenda and keep up to date with everything we have planned!
Summer Workshop Agenda
Where To Stay & What To Do
Workshop attendees will find this year’s venue on Washington State University campus within easy walking distance to a variety of hotels suited for attendees to take advantage of easy access to the workshop, dining, and entertainment.
Last Year's Workshop
Here is a glimpse from last year’s Summer Workshop on Natural Resources, Sustainability and their Intermodal Connections hosted in Duluth, MN.